My role is to use my acquired skills, knowledge and experiences to shift perspectives, disrupt outdated beliefs, and transform how we teach, lead and serve.
The 5C Framework to Brilliant & Holistic Leadership
Phase 1 - Core
We are responsible for guiding people and showing them the way but we have so much of our personal stuff in the way that we either have no idea who we are, can’t relate to people or don’t know what we stand for. We end up working in places that don’t fit and we allow biases and other misconceptions to bleed over into our workspace. We aren’t connected to who we are (who we BE) and that causes the lesser version.
Phase 2 - Content
We have to reevaluate what is being taught and what is truly important for the future. This can be viewed in two ways: 1) The content of the natural talents and gifts we are born with and 2) the content of learned skills. The latter are tends to be the focus of most organizations but those learned skills are not from an empowered place. How do you tap in to know that the skills you and your team are learning provides the desired results of your organization?
Phase 3 - Curriculum
The series of containers that creates the process of learning your skills or some sort of planned sequence. Think school or certificate programs; the series of courses you take to earn the degree. This is the lens and the approach to which you implement your content or learned skills. Does the leadership development framework support a holistic view of you as an individual or your team?
Phase 4 - Communication
Conversations are key but another way to view this is how you are getting your work and ideas out there. Whether in books, social media, your community, conferences, etc.…using your voice. This also relates to how your your messages are being received or perceived by your team whether in meetings or in a training environment.
Phase 5 - Connection
1) How does the core, content, curriculum and communication connect to the up-leveling of leadership development?
2) How are you demonstrating that the work you do is connected to a bigger purpose both personally and professionally.
Selected Previous Features and Working Relationships
While we do have custom built services, we also have packaged offers that can be adjusted for the need of your team.
Meet Dr. Vernita Glenn-White
I have spent over 15 years in the traditional education system working at all levels from K-12, District Level, State-wide, and Higher Education. My background included the art and science of teaching and learning , curriculum and instruction, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, STEM education, engineering design, and leadership development to name a few.
The world is rapidly changing but the profession of Education and the preparation of teachers and leaders is at a slow crawl in many areas. While I believe that the system is doing what it was designed to do, I do believe that the individuals in the system can make a tremendous impact, which will eventually lead to change.
Highlighted Accomplishments and Accolades
Doctorate of Philosophy: Mathematics Education – University of Central Florida
Education Specialist: Technology Management & Administration – Nova Southeastern
Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership – Nova Southeastern University
Dual Bachelors of Science: Mathematics & Secondary Education – University of South Florida
- Taught students to love mathematics, STEM, self-identity, self-leadership
- Worked with students and leaders to build curriculum and learning management systems
- Taught future educators the power of teaching, learning and leadership
- Published several articles in professional journals
- Traveled internationally sharing knowledge about the education profession
- Became a national speaker for organizations such as the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, National Council of Supervisors of Mathematics, American Council of College Teachers and Educators, and the Charter School Unit network
- Worked as a consultant for large school districts and other universities in the areas of Leadership, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, and Culturally Responsive Pedagogy